Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 00:36:17 -0500
From:      "Matthew J . Turk" <m-turk@nwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Imlib and SIGBUS

Hi!  I'm having some serious problems with E right now.  Certain events (running
mtv, changing gkrellm's config, even closing the native E help system browser)
cause it to either crash or suck up 100% of my resources, until X kills.

I think I've identified the problem - libImlib.so.5 seems to cause a bus error
at some point, when the function Imlib_create_image_from_drawable() is called.

I ran E through gdb and got this:

0x2819aa4d in Imlib_create_image_from_drawable()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/libImlib.so.5

I've tried recompiling X, recompiling E, recompiling Imlib and so on - all to no
avail.  This error keeps coming up.

I'm running X 4.0.2 with 3dfx V3 (under module tdfx), latest port revisions of
E, imlib, and all the other stuff.

Any hints, ideas?  Thanks!

mjt
--
"Having said that, music is supposed to be
 in the world for celebration, ritual, and