Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:45:15 -0500
From:      Dan Papasian <bugg@bugg.strangled.net>
To:        Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: current lockups

1. Is your computer overclocked?

2. Is the computer totally frozen?  (i.e. scroll lock doesn't turn the light on)

3. Does similar load crash the box as well?  (try make -j2 world)

4. Does it freeze in the same spot?

5. Is the computer not responding to pings?

If you've answered yes to a good amount of these questions, there is a good
chance that your processor(s) are overheating.  Try improving the airflow to the
case (But using a household fan isn't recommended due to EMI)

-Dan Papasian
<bugg@bugg.strangled.net>