Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:00:55 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        nelis@brabys.co.za
Cc:        FreeBSD Gnome Mail List <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: weirdness with gnome terminal 2.4.1

--=-PY9RqPfbPPDFZ1zXP2PI

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 23:56, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 01:41, Nelis Lamprecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > After doing a portupgrade on Gnome Terminal this weekend I am having
> > some strange problems. Firstly, I can't open a terminal to one of my
> > servers with "Custom command" set to "ssh -l user 192.96.48.9" whereas =
> > could before. I tried creating a new "test" account based on my local
> > account and then all of a sudden every tab ( session open ) changed it'=
> > name to the "test" profile I created.
>=20
> Works fine for me in gnometerminal-2.4.1.  I created a profile, "Test,"
> based on Default that launches an SSH session to my OS X machine.  I
> create a launcher that calls gnome-terminal --window-with-profile=3DTest,
> and sure enough, I get the login prompt on my OS X machine.
>=20
> Since it's SSH you're dealing with, you might try seeing if the remote
> host key changed.  Such a change could cause SSH to bail thinking it's a
> man-in-the-middle-attack.
>=20
> > The account I could login to before opens a new tab for a second then i=
> > disappears. Running the command from local session command line works
> > fine. If I edit profiles from the list then they have there usual title
> > settings but any sessions that I have open have a different title to
> > what they have in the list.
>=20
> Did you restart GNOME after updating gnometerminal?  Unless I
> specifically change the title for my window, it inherits the name of the
> profile.  Of course, the title can easily by changed with the -t
> argument or by using Terminal->Set Title...

Hmmm...the more I look at this now, the weirder things are getting.=20
After doing that testing, all my open terminals' icons have defaulted
back to the gnome-terminal icon, and at least one of my open terminal's
titles is now "Test."  I would say this is definitely a bug with
gnome-terminal.  Care to report it, Nelis?

Joe