Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:52:13 +0000
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org" <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is there a curses-based mp3 player available in FreeBSD ?

On 10/19/16 21:13, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> cd /usr/ports
>> find . -iname blast
>> ./x11/blast
>
> Try "find /usr/ports -iname '*blast*'"

Oh God, how did I miss that ?

cd /usr/ports/
/usr/ports # find . -iname '*blast*'
./audio/liblastfm
./audio/mp3blaster
./benchmarks/tcpblast
./benchmarks/tcpblast/files/tcpblast.c
./biology/ncbi-blast+
./games/alienblaster
./games/xblast
./www/blastbeat
./x11/blast

mp3blaster is there, alive and kicking : - )

I anyway built from sources and that worked equally well too.

I normally always put the asterisks when searching under ports. Perhaps=20
I should create a shell wrapper for wild-carding find searches under=20
/usr/ports automatically.

There is one thing that is missing from FreeBSD arsenal : if I find a=20
port at freshports but not under /usr/ports (even after a 'portsnap=20
update'), how to access (build) the port ? Do I just download sources=20
and build them, or is there some better way ?

Thanks and Regards
Manish Jain