Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:20:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@freebsdbox.com
Subject:   Re: MySQL doesnt want to install

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> > Just as I said, pthreads do not support domain sockets.  You compiled with
> > native threads, *not* [the included] pthreads, therefore you have support
> > for the domain socket shown.
>
> Oops, sorry.  I didn't realize that when you said pthreads, you didn't
> mean _our_ pthreads.

Perhaps some sort of disclaimer should be shown (along with the libc_r
option/warning) when compiling with the included pthreads to prevent this
question from arising so often.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.