Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 05:11:53 GMT
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   howto question burncd mkisofs

I am trying to create an image using mkisofs.

I am attempting to backup /usr/dirone and it's subfiles
and /usr/dirtwo and it's subfiles.

I issue the command:

mkisofs -o image.iso /usr/dirone /usr/dirtwo
and then burn it onto the cdrom.

what I *want* on my cdrom is;

$ cd /cdrom
$ ls
/dirone /dirtwo

but instead I get all the files below each directory mixed together.
in other words, I can't get the tops of the directory's copied
unless I copy /usr - but then I get all other unwanted directories
under /usr