Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 23:53:01 +0100 (WET DST)
From:      Paulo Menezes <paulo@centauro.isr.uc.pt>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Localtime for Portugal

Hi,

The localtime for Portugal is not correct, the FreeBSD machines running
current or stable are showing an error of  -1 hour.
I am not familiar with the format of the localtime files but I have tryed
and a little modification and it corrects this error. I am not sure if it
is going to be correct in winter time but here goes my patch.

*** europe.old	Sat Jun 15 23:31:26 1996
--- europe	Sat Jun 15 23:30:11 1996
***************
*** 1720,1726 ****
  # Martin Bruckmann <martin@ua.pt> (1996-02-29) reports via Peter Ilieve
  # that Portugal is reverting to 0:00 by not moving its clocks this spring.
  # The new Prime Minister was fed up with getting up in the dark in the winter.
! 			 0:00	-     "WET DST"	1996 Oct 27 1:00u
  			 0:00	EC	WET%s
  # We don't know what happened to Madeira or the Azores,
  # so we'll just use Shanks for now.
--- 1720,1726 ----
  # Martin Bruckmann <martin@ua.pt> (1996-02-29) reports via Peter Ilieve
  # that Portugal is reverting to 0:00 by not moving its clocks this spring.
  # The new Prime Minister was fed up with getting up in the dark in the winter.
! #			 0:00	-     "WET DST"	1996 Oct 27 1:00u
  			 0:00	EC	WET%s
  # We don't know what happened to Madeira or the Azores,
  # so we'll just use Shanks for now.

Paulo Menezes