Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:09:50 -0800
From:      Peter Johnson <tam@hiddenrock.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions on first cvsup

I'm abuot to start my first cvsup, having just made a clean install of
4.4-RELEASE.  When I installed, I selected bin, crypto, man, and ports in
/stand/sysinstall and everything went great.  My supfile looks like so:

*default tag=RELENG_4_4
*default host=cvsup10.freebsd.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=cvs delete compress use-rel-suffix

src-all
ports-all tag=.

Updating to "src-all" will get all of the src my box, and I'm concerned that
when I make world, I will be compiling and installing a lot of extraneous
items.  Is this the case?  If so, how do I control what gets compiled and what
doesn't?

Thanks.

pete

--
http://www.hiddenrock.com
"I see that I have turned my eyes to a treasure no less dear