Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:46:00 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/100+ driver or hardware? (Update)

Hello,

Does someone have a reference for "known good" riser cards ? (I'm using
rack-mount PCs with an extension board, so I can't get rid of the riser -
anyway, I'm using a 4-port D-LINK board which does not seem to
suffer from interference)

     TfH

Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com> on 10/01/2001 04:33:36

 To:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>

 cc:      Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com>,
          stable@FreeBSD.ORG(bcc: Thierry
          HERBELOT/FR/ALCATEL)

On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 21:23:01 CST, David Kelly wrote:

>Suspect Jeroen's most timely solution is to permanently replace his
>cards with something else. Altho he makes mention of a PCI riser card
>which may alter the electrical reference the Intel card has to work
>against.

I've had lots of trouble with an "L"-style riser card (for 1U cases) and
several different enet and a few other cards.  Got rid of the riser and
things work fine.  I haven't tried an Intel EEPRO in the riser though.

     -- Parag Patel