Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 2003 02:54:09 +0800
From:      Sleepy <chipin@pacific.net.sg>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   USB Modem using Linux driver on FreeBSD?

Hello!

I am trying to set up my USB modem for dialup on 4.7 Release.

It is detected as ugen0. I have been trying to set it up as umodem0.

The modem has a driver available for it in Linux (reported to work)
slmdm-2.6.16 @ http://www.smartlink.com

Is there any way to use this driver in FreeBSD?

I am asking this as a search through the resources on the web and on
freebsd.org does not seem to agree that if the
modem is not detected as umodem0 but as ugen0, it is not supported by
FreeBSD. I am trying to use the Linux compatilibility
as a work around. Would appreciate any help!

THANKS!!