Date:      Mon, 11 May 2015 18:52:50 +0000
From:      "zbb (Zbigniew Bodek)" <phabric-noreply@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Differential] [Commented On] D2377: Introduce ARM GICv3 support

zbb added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS
  sys/arm64/arm64/gic_v3.c:163 Hmm? I don't think you can call `init_func(sc);` here. It would be an error.
  Extra indirection seemed more convenient here since:
  1. we will have at least one more function here
  2. we have secondary cores initialization sequence (that andrew requested to be removed from this commit) and it is more convenient to see what are the differences between those thwo
  3. the overhead of writing this loop is the same as writing 3-4 times:
  ```
  err = func1();
  if (err != 0)
        goto error;
  err = func2();
  if (err != 0)
        goto error;
  ```

  sys/arm64/arm64/gic_v3.c:191 OK. I will remove `i` from this loop. Regarding `gic_refists.nregions + 1` then AFAIK we have proper comment when allocating resource:
  ```
  	/*
  	 * Allocate array of struct resource.
  	 * One entry for Distributor and all remaining for Re-Distributor.
  	 */
  ```
  So now we have to comment on allocation and deallocation?
  sys/arm64/arm64/locore.S:192 This is the explanation from the documentation ("GIC bits").
  If you look at the following line you see more detailed description what field setting means what
  ```
  /* 0001 - SR CPU IF supported */
  ```
  I will make that line even more detailed in the next iteration....

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2377

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/