Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:06:33 -0800
From:      wade <wade@wavefire.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel panic on 4.7-STABLE to 5.0 RC2 upgrade.

Hello,
  I recently attempted to upgrade on of my servers from 4.7 STABLE to 5.0
RC2 using the "Upgrade" facility of sysinstall.  After choosing  all the
options I needed, the upgrade proceeded through its fsck and started
unpacking off the CD.
This is where things go sour.  About 20% of the way through the first round
of "Extracting .... into /", I got a page fault/kernel panic and a reboot.
Unfortunately, no other useful information was presented.  This problem is
limited to 5.0 as I am able to recover a usable machine by installing 4.7
Release using the same method.
Has anyone else expperienced anything similar?  If you can tell me how to
get more information about this crash, I would be happy to try.  For now it
is just frustrating.
Hardware config FYI:
Asus CUV4x-D
2X PIII-600 coppermine.
1 ata-100 drive.
There is also a windows partition on this disk.
LSIlogic MegaRAID 428 ( currently unused ).

Should you require further info, please do not hesitate to contact me.
 -Wade Klaver