Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:43:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Jonas =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=FClow?= <jonas.bulow@parallelconsulting.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM Thinpad 600X (26455FU)

> I consider to get a Thinkpad 600X (partnumber 26455FU). Does anyone have
> any experience with this one using FreeBSD?

I have a 600E, which is a bit different.

> Does the "SpeedStep technology" cause any problems?

It shouldn't.

> Does the video (NeoMagic MagicGraph 256ZX ) work with XFree86?

This is the reason I did not get it, since the video is an unknown.
However, XIG's product should support it.

> Is there any hope to get some sound out of the machine?

Maybe.

> Can the internal DVD be used with FreeBSD?

Yes, but it *might* not be supported as a DVD (yet).  DVD support is not
complete yet in FreeBSD.

> Please, give me any hints/feedback on using freebsd on a TP600(X)!

If you decided to buy it, I would certainly like to hear your
experiences with it. :)

nate