Date:      Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:58:58 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Autofs: Need AMD users/experts.

If you're an amd "power-user" I need your help.

I'm getting close to completing an AutoFS implementation for FreeBSD.

o) What does AutoFS offer?

   It allows us to create "trigger" points in the filesystem without
   using an NFS loopback.  Because of this, we can mount "in-place"
   and do away with the symlink hack used by automounter/amd.

   This provides speed and semantic improvements.

o) Why am I sending this email?

   What I need is someone who has vast experience with amd and
   possibly other autofs/automouters to talk to in order to get an
   idea of the finishing refinements that I need to put into this
   piece of code to actually make it useful.

o) Anything else?

   If you've hacked on amd, specifically the part of amd where it
   handles requests from the loop-back mount, I would really like
   to talk to you.

   Lastly, please reply privately!

thanks!
--