Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 1995 15:48:51 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-CURRENT-L <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: SATAN ported??

On Wed, 5 Apr 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I can verify this exactly same problem on one of our own machines..
> Its users are not very happy that I upgraded them to -current 2 days
> ago.. :-( This problem seems to break the copy of perl4 in our source
> tree, not just perl5 for Satan..

    SATAN appears to run fine with perl5001 (compiled with gcc 2.6.2
on a 950210-SNAP machine) on my FreeBSD 950322-SNAP system.  /bin/sh
didn't like the first line of the reconfing script and I get messages
that perl exits on a segmentation violation after SATAN has completed
its scans.

    I'm recompiling perl5001 with 2.6.3 and it is complaining that the
(0.) array subscript is not an integer (which is true).  These source
files are generated on-the-fly, but I no longer have my perl build
tree from 950210 to see if it used (0.) back then.  Replacing the 0.'s
with 0's appears to solve the compilation problems.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org