Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:46:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Aaron Mildenstein <aaronm@orem.verio.net>
To:        "Mr. Darren" <darren780@yahoo.com>
Cc:        David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>, freebsd <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: audigy support

FWIW, I use the OSS Audigy Beta driver in FreeBSD, and I have seen error
messages about buffer overruns, but never so much as had to run
"soundoff/soundon" except at initial boot up.  I've never had the driver
lock up my system or cause a kernel panic, and it sounds as good as my
sound blaster live did with the same driver.  For me, OSS is definitely
the way to go for sound support, even if I do have to shell out for it.

Aaron Mildenstein
UNIX Systems Administrator
SME Hosting, NTT/Verio

__

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy
and taste good with ketchup."