Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:50:33 -0700
From:      "Chris Andrichak" <chris@i-planet.com>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <khetan@link.freebsd.os.org.za>
Subject:   Re: su problem with freebsd 2.2.7-stable

]On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Khetan Gajjar wrote:
]>On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
]>>Are you su -m'ing?  If not, try that.  Or try -l if you're using -m.  Also,
]>>does a ps show the new shell starting at all?
]
]The problem appears to be related to kerberos. I nulled the /etc/kerberosIV
]directory, and it started segfaulting. I put back the entries, and now
]it works fine. Any idea how to get a "empty" kerberosIV configuration,
]but still have the libraries installed in case I ever need to use
]it (I need to occasionally).

I had the same problem with a 2.2.6 install. I installed kerberos on a lark,
and at first all was ok, i'd just get the 'root not in kerberos acl' or
something when i su'd. But after a while (and i don't know what i did -
removing the /etc/kerberosIV directory sounds like something dumb that i'd
do) it started core'ing like yours is. Rather than deal, i just reinstalled
without kerberos, since i didn't really need it anyway.