Date:      Sat, 30 May 2009 13:12:38 +0100
From:      "Graham Bentley" <admin@cpcnw.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fw: UK Currency Symbol in 7.2 Console

OK, this is where I am up to. I have plugged my 7.1 Release hard disc
back in and I get £ signs no problem. So, I then unplug my KVM and
mini keyboard and plug standard ps2 kb / ps2 mouse in. I do a minimal
install of 7.2 Release from DVD and make sure I have uk.cp850 in my
/etc/rc.conf

Guess what? Theres no difference - still no £ signs at console, I get
a beep. So theres some difference in the way 7.2 looks at things
compared to 7.1. Out of interest the kb controler is on this mobo
- Asus M2N68-AM

I think its a bug or mis-detection etc

Do I report this? Or ask for help on a different list?

I dont mind doinf whatever tests are required to resolve this issue.

Thanks!