Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:39:16 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Toshiba 305CDS and pcm sound

Hi,

  I'm trying to extract some sound from my Toshiba 305CDS, but it's
completely jerky.  I've tried both amp and timidity.  Here's the
related dmesg output from a verbose boot:

=======================
mss_probe: no address supplied, try default 0x530
mss_detect - chip revision 0x0a
... try to identify the yamaha
mss_detect() - Detected CS4231
pcm0 at 0x530 irq 10 drq 1 flags 0xc100 on isa
mss_attach <mss>0 at 0x530 irq 10 dma 1:1 flags 0xc100
setting up yamaha registers
set yamaha master volume to max

  If case this matters, Windows recognizes the sound card as a Yamaha
OPL3SA.  Is it ok for it to identify as a CS4231 ?  Any hint on what
to do to solve the problem, or even to gather more information about
it ?

  TIA,

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro