Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:31:33 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <o.hartmann@walstatt.org>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   > r353680: multiuser crash due to: m_getzone: Inavlid cluster size 0

The last known good update of CURRENT on a Fujitsu Primergy RX2530-M5 (onl=
y one
of two sockets equipted, 64 GB RAM) was October, 17th, 2019 before 15 o'cl=
ock,
I suppose that was r353680 that time. Today's update to r353881 resulted i=
n an
immediate crash when the network (igb0-igb3, two built-in i350 NICs and tw=
i350 NICs placed on a i350-T2 server adapter) comes up, just when rc scrip=
ts
configure the NIC's.

Last message I see is something like m_getzone: Inavlid cluster size 0 and
"dubugnet" or similar. Since the crash wrecked the installation (it seems =
after
updating, the UFS filesystem received, as so often, inconsistencies, so I =
can
not start vi or other applications after a full fsck -yf on all partitons,
those programs fail with some serious trap, stating that ELF is corrupt, I
can't remember the exact message). We do not have debugging facilities ena=
bled
on that kernel suite, so I can not provide more proper informations.

For emergency rescue we downloaded the latest CURRENT memstick image,
FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20191018-r353709-memstick.img dated Oct., 18th,=
 which
also shows the bug described above.

It seems that I have to go back to memimage
FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20191011-r353427-memstick.img which dates to 11=
th
October 2019.
Since the crash resulted in a serious damage of the base filesystem and th=
installation, I need to copy first the installation tarballs from the inst=
all
memstick into place and try then to rebuild the system with sources up to =
the
version which is deemed working. The I'll report, hopefully, more informat=
ion.

Kind regards,
oh