Date:      Wed, 3 May 2006 06:42:43 -0600
From:      "Wilde, Donald" <dwilde@sandia.gov>
To:        "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>, "Alastair G. Hogge" <agh@tpg.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: PCI Radeon 7000/VE (RV100) on AMD64

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-stable@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Nikolas Britton
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:46 PM
To: Alastair G. Hogge
Cc: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

On 3/27/06, Alastair G. Hogge <agh@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> G'day
>
> Having some problem with Xorg-6.9.0 and the radeon or ati driver on=20
> mad64 system. X seems to look up at a black screen after setting the=20
> resolution and then resets the computer. I have drm and radeon defined

> in my kernel config and I've also added the appropriate lines to=20
> xorg.conf

This may or may not be relavent... but I have a triple-head setup using
three Radeon cards; 1 agp based 8500LE and 2 pci based 7000/VE's.

I've never had DRI / X working... The problem(s) you're having sounds
like the problems I was having... Comment out 'Load  "dri"' in xorg.conf
and try it again.

Nikolas, Alistair -

There is still active work going on in the DRI/DRM section of X.org for
ATI/Radeon. There were some partial fixes posted to FreeDesktop.org's
bugzilla, but they require X 6.9.0-CURRENT. Nikolas' suggestion
(commenting Load "DRI") does work, but I was able to get the DRI to
function (with 3D OpenGL) using CURRENT X (as of two months ago; it may
be even better now.)
--
Don Wilde    Org 01737    505-844-1126
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.