Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:04:41 -0500
From:      Nathan Straz <straznp@clarkson.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: samba 2.0.6 compiled under 3.4-RELEASE - socket errors

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 11:40:45AM -0500, Mike Squires wrote:
> > samba 2.0.6 compiled under 3.4-RELEASE won't allow the socket options
> > SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF to be used.  I get the errors
> >
> > lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_otpions (151)
> > 	Failed to set socket option SO_SNDBUF (Error no buffers space available)
> > lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_otpions (151)
> > 	Failed to set socket option SO_RCVBUF (Error no buffers space available)

I'm getting similar errors and more.  My main problem is getting Windows machines to be able to do anything with my FreeBSD box over Samba.  I can see and mount stuff from a Linux box using smbclient, but no luck on Windows.  My FreeBSD box, candle, doesn't show up in the browse list on any machine unless I announce it to another Samba server (in this case a Linux box).  Then I can see it from Windows machines, but I can't use any resources (file or printing).  When I run smbclient from candle, I get a time out error and the messages listed below in /var/log/messages.  I've tried changing the interfaces options without any luck.  Does anyone know what's wrong.  I thought it was my smb.conf, but I'm thinking it has something to do with my loopback device.

In log.smb I get:

[2000/02/08 11:26:30, 0] lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(151)
  Failed to set socket option SO_KEEPALIVE (Error Bad file descriptor)
[2000/02/08 11:26:30, 0] lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(151)
  Failed to set socket option TCP_NODELAY (Error Bad file descriptor)

And in /var/log/messages I get:

Feb  9 16:58:01 candle /kernel: arplookup 127.0.0.1 failed: could not allocate llinfo
Feb  9 16:58:01 candle /kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 127.0.0.1rt

Any help would be appreciated,

Nathan Straz