Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      timmartin <instanttim@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   php4 port - undefined ref to getopt_long

First let me say I'm not a programmer, just a humble designer who happens to
know enough to make himself dangerous. Anyway, three things started
happening with my ports tree that make me unhappy. They may be unrelated,
but since I don't know i'll list all three.

this is all on freebsd 4.11

1) a while back i stopped being able to make my own ports index because of a
bunch of gstreamer-plugins that wouldn't let me "make index" so i started
having to "make fetchindex" instead.

2) when i look at "portversion" outputs it seems as though it doesn't really
know what versions are in the ports tree -- many ports have been updated and
it doesn't seem to think so. When i ran portupgrade on said ports it worked
just fine -- just portversion didn't know what was going on.

3) today i stopped being able to build php4 -- i get the following error
that stops the upgrade:

ext/standard/basic_functions.lo(.text+0x1507): undefined reference to
`getopt_long'

Anybody have an idea on how i can fix the situation? The only one that
really sucks is the last problem -- the other two i can live with although
it'd be nice to fix them too.

.tim