Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:40:25 GMT
From:      Jun Su <junsu@delphij.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/70943: remove -k from gdb.1 manual

The following reply was made to PR docs/70943; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jun Su <junsu@delphij.net>
To: Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:33:42 +0800

 Tom Rhodes wrote:

 >On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:53:57 GMT
 >Jun <junsu@delphij.net> wrote:
 >

 >>>Number:         70943
 >>>Category:       docs
 >>>Synopsis:       remove -k from gdb.1 manual
 >>>Confidential:   no
 >>>Severity:       non-critical
 >>>Environment:
 >>>

 >>gdb -k is removed after kgdb is in tree. Need update the man page for this.

 >But, gdb -k worked fine for me last week and I don't remember
 >seeing a change to remove it.  Is my 3 week old -CURRENT too
 >old already?  (Stupid question, I know).

 It was removed. I can not figure out what commit caused this.

 %ll /usr/bin/gdb
 -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  2003684 Aug 22 20:57 /usr/bin/gdb
 %gdb -k
 gdb: unrecognized option `-k'
 Use `gdb --help' for a complete list of options.

 Thanks,

 Jun