Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:59:17 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@MexComUSA.Net>
To:        Cameron Grant <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@webweaving.org>, Eric Lakin <elakin@ricochet.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Subject:   End of sound file repeating was Re: mic cannot be deactivated

Cameron,

Thanks for fixing the regenerative feedback problem between the mic and
the speakers.

My ESS1869 is now repeating the very end of the sound file being played
six or seven times.  It is as if the last buffer is being written and
rewritten to the device at the end without finding the EOF.  These laptops
are current as of 9 am PST today.

Is anyone else hearing this?

Thanks,

ed