Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:31:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        lioux@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ports: 1 unfetchable distfiles: lang/f2c (fwd)

Maxim Sobolev said:

> In this case the problem occured because Mario missed undesirable
> result of running automatic WWW cleanup script, which assumed that
> the `WWW' is the last

Then the script needs to be fixed.

> line in pkg-descr. As a result WWW and FTP lines were merged into one
> long line, which of course confused unfetchable distfiles checker.

This is insane.  Why is the distfile checker looking in pkg-descr
for places to fetch the distfile from.  There is only one place,
which is listed in the Makefile.  (I suppose a tarball might be
available from a FreeBSD.Org machine.)  You can go hunting all
over Netlib, but you won't find f2c-freebsd.3.0.0.tar.gz  Netlib
is listed because you can get the unchanged f2c source there.
See the FreeBSD-current mailing list from 3 years ago to learn
more.

> There was nothing fatal in that - build of the port wasn't affected.

Yes, I know.  That accounts for part of the wasted time.
Along with checking my FTP server logs.
Checking CVS respository.

--
Steve