Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:37:44 +0800
From:      Cheng-Lung Sung <clsung@tw.freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Cheng-Lung Sung <clsung@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bundling Kwiki

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

Hi,

    Quote from http://search.cpan.org/src/INGY/Kwiki-0.39/README

"Kwiki is *really* simple to install now. _All_ the Perl dependencies
 come with Kwiki, and are /preinstalled/. This means you just need Perl
 5.8.3 and a web server. Well actually we give you a web server too!...
   =20

Eventually all this work will make it back to CPAN, but likely not for a
 while.
"

    The kwiki-trunk-*.tar.gz already do so (bundling almost every plugin)
    I think I'd better take off these plugins from ports tree before
    'Ingy dot net' put them back.

    Just IMHO. :-)

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 09:57:44AM +0400, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
>  First of all, thanks for taking up the initiative and
>  updating Kwiki. It's a worthy project.
>=20
>  Do we want to bundle Kwiki into a single port? In ports
>  we usually consider bundling (of any software project)
>  a harmful thing, as opposed to modularizing. I haven't
>  looked at those new Kwiki snapshots, but is it too hard
>  to update all those p5-Kwiki-* ports instead of merging
>  them into the main one?
>=20
>  Never mind if it's too much work...
>=20