Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:25:09 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        Spil Oss <spil.oss@gmail.com>, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with ipfw/natd and axe(4)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 10:34:06 -0700, Michael Sierchio wrote:
 > On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au> wrote:
 >
 > > 'allow ip' aka 'allow all' doesn't usually take a port number, which
 > > applies only to tcp and udp.
 >
 > It does in ipfw - in which case it means ( udp | tcp )

You're quite right, and my assumption that it would also permit icmp
was quite wrong, after a quick test.

Which appears to leave the bypassed divert not working with rx/txcsum
the only viable suspect.  The ruleset is otherwise 'out of the box'.

Does anyone know whether this is an issue with libalias(3) generally -
in which case using nat instead of divert shouldn't help - or just with
natd in particular?

cheers, Ian