Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:29:11 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Threads across processors

on Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Gary Palmer wrote:
>> So I think that it is important that effort be dedicated to the
>> UltraSPARC port and also the Alpha port (which I am helping with
>> when I can). Or perhaps some other comodity hardware that is not
>> as braindamaged as the PC.

At 1:39 PM -0400 8/25/98, Brian Feldman replied:
>  The SPARC port's not dead?

Gary is just saying it would be good for "the freebsd project" to
put resources into something like the ultraSPARC port.  Sun itself
has lost it's active interest in such a port, so in that sense it is
dead, but there's always the opportunity for someone else to work on
it if they so desired.  If you have the resources to work on it, I
doubt that either Sun or the FreeBSD project would complain about
the goal...   :-)

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute