Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:13:38 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        P K <cyu0635@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: router vs freebsd firewall

On 2001-11-23 11:34:33, P K wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a questions about cisco router vs freebsd firewall
>
> ISP will install cisco router to our office for internet access
> Do I need the firewall also in freebsd?

It's not mandatory, but it can be done.  Note though that adding just
another layer of firewalling is not the answer to all your security
concerns.

> ISP said that cisco have firewall function. eg filter, nat, routing
> I really want to know what is the different.

The configuration.

CISCO routers are configured in one way.  FreeBSD `routers' are
configured in a different way (to accomplish the same task).

-giorgos