Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2013 19:09:02 +0530
From:      hrkesh sahu <hrisikeshsahu@gmail.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD routing problem

--001a11c3b94413b65104e7d64fd8

Hi All,

I am facing a routing issue for the Interoperability  1.5 topology.

Please find the attachment of the exact topology map.

As per test setup =96

=D8  Configured REF-Router2 NOT to transmit  Router Advertisement on
Network1. But REF-Router2 is able to transmit Router Advertisement on
Network2 with 2001:db8:ffff:3::/64 .

=D8  Configured a static route on TAR-RouterD ( ubuntu) Indicating
REF-Router2=92s Link local address as the next hop for the Network2 .

=D8  But Ref-Router Not able to routes between Network1 and Network2.  Due =
this ICMPv6 request from TAR-router to the global address of REF-Host2 is
not working. There is no reply for this ICMPv6 request.

=D8  Same when I try to transmit ICMPv6 Echo request from REF-HOST2 to glob=
al
address of TAR-HOST1( Prefix of TAR-RouterD), no ICMPv6 reply.

=D8  Within Network1 , nodes are able to communicate. But when I try to
communicate Netwrok2 from Network1, it is not working.

Could you please suggest tell me if I am missing something to route the
traffic on REF-Router ?

I suspect  , as there is no Route Advertisement on Interface1 of the
Ref-Router, it is not able to route the traffic between the interfaces.

Please help me to find this solution.

 Regards

--001a11c3b94413b65104e7d64fd8--