Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:24:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>, <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Xscreensaver and GNOME

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Doug Barton wrote:

> 	I have no objection to a slave xscreensaver-gnome port. My only
> criteria is that by default, users who don't have gnome that build
> ports/x11/xscreensaver (or install the package) don't get gnome bits. As
> long as you can manage that, I trust you guys to make the gnome stuff work
> properly.

In this case, shouldn't we exclude WANT_GNOME from xscreensaver's
Makefile, and just have this in the slave port?

> 	BTW, one edge case occurs to me.... what will happen after you
> guys are done working on this if a user who does not have gnome installs
> xscreensaver, then down the road installs gnome, then down the road
> pkg_delete's one thing or the other?

If they install GNOME down the road, the slave port will be installed.
If they pkg_delete GNOME, the salve port will go with it, and some of the
shared components between slave and master (e.g. bin/xscreensaver).  They
would have to reinstall xscreensaver I would imagine.

Joe