Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:43:52 -0500 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Gediminas Vilutis <gedasv@pub.osf.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Cyclades Cyclom-16Ye problem

When I installed my 8Yo, (ISA with 8 port octopus), I had to change the memory
address from what was set in the kernel config file.

LINT has:
 iomem 0xd4000

I used:
 iomem 0xd2000

The LINT recommended memory was conflicting somewhere.  The tech support guy at
Cyclades pointed this out (I got a Un*x literate support guy!)

But overall, I've been running the 8Yo for about a year with no problems.

Patrick Gardella

PS:  On a side note, the DIP switches on a Cyclades are easy to switch by
accident.  I bumped a few of them when I was installing an ethernet card.
Turned on like 4 or 5 IRQs.  Messed me up for a few hours.  It worked but
nothing else did.