Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:24:40 +0300 (EEST)
From:      slava <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird pppd problem

hello,

I have a freebsd dial-up machine with dial-up accounts with
/usr/sbin/pppd as shell. Everything worked fine untill recently when
I started to get this error in /var/log/messages when users would
try to make a ppp connection:

Aug 23 22:16:11 moldnet pppd[68515]: pppd 2.3.5 started by chbemm, uid
1031
Aug 23 22:16:11 moldnet pppd[68515]: tcsetattr: Input/output error

The problem dissapeard when I change the shell to /usr/local/bin/bash
and just put a line /usr/sbin/pppd in users home dirrectory.

Does anyone have a clue of what's going on?

any suggestions are appreciated.
thank you
- slava