Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:10:57 -0700
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Mario Pavlov <freebsd@abv.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: [solved] Re: Re: Re: diskless - NFS root mount problem

On 11/16/09, Mario Pavlov <freebsd@abv.bg> wrote:
>  indeed you get bonus points if you firewall yourself :)
> and of course this is not the first time I do that so my score is pretty
> good
> however my favourite is to forget about net.inet.ip.forwarding when I
> upgrade routers with many clients :)
>
> Tim, thanks for your hints...but I don't understand this one:
>  >2nd, you buildworld and installworld into the diskless root, but never
>  >use it.  You're using disk space you can reclaim.
> how so I never use it and can reclaim diskspace ?

The Monday's email you sent at 11:22 (by datestamp on gmail), you wrote:
mkdir /storage0/diskless
cd /usr/src
export DESTDIR=/storage0/diskless
make buildworld buildkernel installworld distribution installkernel

You clearly 'make buildworld installworld' but your later exports have
/storage0/diskless and /usr being exported.  shouldn't it be either
/storage0/diskless (as a root filesystem and everything underneath it)
or if you want to unecessarily break it up, exporting
/storage0/diskless/usr ?

Understand?