Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 1996 22:38:40 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        webmaster@bemarnet.es, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Backing up a FreeBSD system

In article <2.2.32.19960903081440.00703b9c@host.bemarnet.es> you wrote:
: Hello !

 Gday!

:  - =BF Can I do a backup in this unit from one FreeBSD machine to the other

 Yup.

:  - =BF Can I do backups of the NT Servers using the FreeBSD machine ?

 Yup. I believe the "smbtar" contributed program to samba should be able
 to handle this.

:  - =BF Can I do backups of the FreeBSD machines using the NT Servers ?

 Unknown.

 FWIW we do remote offsite backups here using rsync and ssh over a 28.8k
 modem link once a week :)  Basically we just sync a remote copy
 of the root partition and anything under /usr/local which is all we
 need to recover from a crash.    The backup device is a 230mb Fujitsu
 MO drive, but then the amount of stuff in / and /usr/local is only
 pretty small.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds