Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:59:48 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mtx_lock_recurse/mtx_unlock_recurse functions (proof-of-concept).

--s8J8qjRpxLkp1Gun

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:40:07PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
+> >As was discussed, it will be helpful to have functions, that are able
+> >to acquire lock recursively, even if lock itself isn't recursable.
+>=20
+> Sounds evil to me...

Why? I don't think that better is to just use MTX_RECURSE if we don't need
it in 90% of cases. And sometimes it is really hard to pass information if
lock is held or not, just like for that rwatson's kqueue thing.

+> Does your patch also make witness aware of this ?

Nope, it is just a proof-of-concept and as jhb@ pointed out, we want
to keep our interface simple, so it probably will never reach the tree.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--s8J8qjRpxLkp1Gun