Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 96 10:01:00 PDT
From:      Robert Clark <ROBERTC@PII.COM>
To:        "'freebsd-questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Question on FreeBSD multilink PPP support

M.C.,

     I'm only thinking out loud here, but, you might still have a problem
with latency.

     I don't know enough about PPP to know how much of it is handshake
intensive....

                              [RC]
 ----------
From: owner-freebsd-questions
To: questions
Cc: M.C Wong; M.F Wong; mfwong
Subject: Question on FreeBSD multilink PPP support
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 1996 12:25AM

Hi,
SOme time agao, someone posted an announcement of beta multilink PPP for
FreeBSD which I remembered is for sync PPP (correct me if I'm wrong). I
will have such as need to try to do the following:

Get 2 x 9.6K analog leased line (that can delivers up to 36.6Kbps of data
with the right modems) and bond them together to form a bigger pipe. So,
looks like what I need is a device that sits at my side and a remote site
that does bonding (inverse mux ??) on 2 separate analog leased line.
I wonder if running FreeBSD with the multilink (and sync) PPP software
on both sides is all I ever need to get it working ??

Please share any of your ideas/thoughts/experiences/tips/etc with me as this
may be a cost effective way for me to do Internet connection instead of
paying heaps for a digital leased line starting at 64Kbps and yet costs
much more than the aggregated bandwith of 2x36.6K.

Regards,
M.C Wong