Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 2015 03:41:08 -0600
From:      Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
To:        Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: segfault during configure, lang/python27 on armv6

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 03:23:11PM +1000, Kubilay Kocak wrote:
> A few things that may help to isolate:
>
>  * With LIBFFI option on and off (off uses: bundled libffi, on: the
> libbfi port)
>  * Build with DEBUG option enabled
>  * See if issue is reproducible with other Python ports
> (lang/python{33,34,35})
>  * Update to latest 10.2-STABLE
>  * Update to latest 10-STABLE
>
> Having said that, I don't like that it's dying @ configure, which may
> indicate an autotools/armv6 issue. Having said that though I'd have
> expected more reports if it were that widespread.
>
> Let us know how you go.
>
> ./koobs

Thanks.

This was actually during a run of 'portmaster -d databases/mysql56-server'.
Python is one of the sub-dependencies: databases/mysql56-server >>
databases/mysql56-client >> devel/cmake >> devel/jsoncpp >> devel/scons >>
devel/py-setuptools27 >> lang/python27

Just now, I went to the python27 port directory and did a 'make configure'
to disable LIBFFI, then did a 'make' and observed that configure gets past
the point of failure. Then I stopped it and tried again with LIBFFI
re-enabled, and still no problem.

So I interrupted it again and am just trying another portmaster run now
(picking up where it left off). This time it also got past the point of
failure. python27 installed successfully, and it's moving on to the other
dependencies.

I'm wondering if it's worth uninstalling everything and trying the full
portmaster run again to see if I can get the error to come up again, or if
I should just let it go.