Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:16:21 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook (4th Edition??)

Gonzalo Nemmi said:

> According to freebsdmall.com, the 3rd Edition is " completely up to date for
> the latest FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x versions." .. which was enough for 4.x and 5.x
> releases ... but taking into consideration that FreeBSD has already past
> 6.x .. 7.x is on the go .. and 8.x is looming on the horizon .. spending $
> 59.95 on the 3rd Edition ( both books ) doesn't look like a really enticing
> offer.

On top of whatever 'real' answer you are provided here, may I suggest taking a look at 'Absolute FreeBSD: 2nd Edition' by Michael W. Lucas.  It is a good read (though some topics aren't too detailed).  It covers 7.0-RELEASE, but I haven't found anything that doesn't also work on 6.3-RELEASE.

HTH.

--
Glen Barber
http://www.dev-urandom.com/