Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:51:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   courier-authdaemond rc script doesn't report correct status

From: Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca>
Date: September 15, 2014 at 4:30:52 PM MDT
To: questions@freebsd.org
Cc: dalescott@shaw.ca
Subject: courier-authdaemond rc script isn't reporting correct status?

Hi, I installed courier-authlib-0.66.1 as a binary package (on latest patch=
 level of FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE), added "courier_authdaemond_enable=3D"YES" =
to /etc/rc.conf, and started it using "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/courier-authdaem=
ond start". However, "courier-authdaemond status" reports courier_authdaemo=
nd is *not* running, even though "ps faxd | grep courier" shows it is, /var=
/run/authdaemond/pid exists with correct pid value, and "courier-authdaemon=
d stop" stops the daemon and deletes the pid file.

Could the status option for the courier_authdaemond rc script actually be b=
roken, or more likely I'm missing something really stupid? The bigger pictu=
re is a simple Postfix/Courier-IMAP mail server to store mail generated by =
local apps (replacing Sendmail), although Postfix is working correctly, I g=
et "closed by foreign host" when attempting telnet to either port 110 or po=
rt 143. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dale

---