Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:28:38 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSS sound for linux-flashplugin9

Quoting Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org> (from Mon, 26 Feb 2007 =20
23:23:03 +0100):

> What doesn't work:
>
> Youtube. I tried youtube and google video et al and it seems that
> video-streaming flash applets are *very* crash-happy, so they must be
> considered broken for now. *However*: They also crash the browser
> without libflashsupport present, but they do work quite nicely on FC4
> (which by the way does need the libflashsupport as well to make noise
> in the shipped Firefox). My conclusion is that the flash video
> crashes are in fact caused by a bug/shortcoming of our linuxulator. I
> understand there's work going on to bring it up to date with the
> Linux 2.6 world, so that problem might go away in the future.

Do you use it on some -stable or on -current?

If on -current, please give the 2.6 emulation a try ("sysctl =20
compat.linux.osrelease=3D2.6.16" when no linux program is running). If =20
this doesn't solve the problem, please have a look at the =20
wiki.freebsd.org/linux-kernel page an apply the p4 diff.

If you use this on -stable: There are several bugfixes not backported =20
(lack of manpower / more interest to fix more stuff instead of =20
backporting it) which are also interesting for 2.4 emulation in =20
-stable. Maybe someone wants to have a look at this.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
When eating an elephant take one bite at a time.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137