Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 22:37:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "William Pechter ILEX Systems" <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Old 1.1.5.1 ppp problem

I finally got the house a dial-up net connection with PPP.

I seem to be having one major problem.  My modem drops the line on the
transition between kermit and pppd (or just after pppd starts).

I used the info from the web site to get the dialer scripts and info up.
Any tips.

(I'm getting the addresses dynamically set via ppp... I've got a local
ethernet with a class C here.)

So far I've been using OS/2 to connect in until the FreeBSD box is up.
Does the bidir comm port come into play here.

I tried with and without the getty established and using the cuaxx and ttyxx
device.

I'm running a Telebit T2500 to a v34 modem on the other side.  The
Telebit's got the final T2500 rom set and has been very stable to everything
else (since these roms).

Bill

 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  | N2RDI
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2369 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil