Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:54:07 -0400
From:      "NT Workstation User" <gdsntusr@globaldelsys.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Does freeBSD or any related freeBSDs support file larger than 2GB on 32bit x86 platforms

I am having a pecular problem trying to run SCO binaries under the iBCS
emulation in Linux.  I figure the problem may be related to Linux lacking
the necesary functionality to support files larger than 2GB which this SCO
binary supports.  I was thinking of trying freeBSD with its SCO emulation
support but I am uncertain whether freeBSD supports files larger than 2GB on
32bit x86 platforms.  Anybody know the answer to this question.  Also if
only a peticular version supports it, let me know so I can get the correct
version.  The program that I am trying to get to run under freeBSD or Linux
is the Microfocus cobol runtime.  Everything else in that COBOL development
package works except the actual runtime, which just happens to support large
files (> 2GB) for the COBOL databases.  This is why I fugure its dying under
Linux, so does freeBSD on 32bit x86 platforms support files > 2GB?