Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:32:51 +0200
From:      Ross Cameron <abalour@gmail.com>
To:        Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT: dead box

The easiest way to check if its the power switch is detach the "PWR"
switch connector from the mobo and briefly short the two pins.
    If the machine turns on its ure switch, however that is probably
unlikely - Ive never seen it before at least.

Check ure mobo for popped caps,... remove ure ram and cpu and clean
all relevant connectors with compressed air.
    Disconnect everything not needed for the mobo to power up while ure at =
it.

I had a workstation the other day that had a dead HDD that was
preventing it from powering up, as soon as I removed the HDD the mobo
powered up.