Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:00:55 GMT
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/74601: Cardbus fails after busdma_machdep.c update

The following reply was made to PR i386/74601; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@freebsd.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, oberman@es.net
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:56:23 -0700

 Can you add debugging code to see where in the process the system
 freezes up?  The dc driver isn't doing any DMA in its attach routine
 that I can easily identify.  It should print a NIC address in boot
 verbose.  It would be useful to know if it is getting there.  It would
 also be useful to know if it makes it out of the dc_attach() routine at
 all.  I believe that this dc card also has a miibus attachment to it as
 well, but I haven't tracked down to see if there's DMA there or not.  I
 suspect not because MII interface control tends to be bit-bangging fun/pain.