Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 02:54:56 -0500
From:      Alan <tigspok1@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD crashed

I have been using Win98 SE for over a year now and Windows in general for
over 20 years, and lunix for over five years. I tried your FreeBSD system
since my roommate has been using it and other *inx type systems for over ten
years now.  I have installed your system with his help and then tried to
reboot and go back into Windows.  I did NOT have my Win harddrive pluged in,
so windows should not have been touch.  I got back into BSD and then he
showed me how to mount my windows harddrive and cp files from Windows to BSD.
 I then shutdown and unpluged BSD and pluged in Windows and had nothing.  I
could not get Windows to boot.  I have had to re-due my harddrive and have
lost all of my information on my harddrive because of this.  Some of these
files are of legell use and can not afford to be lost.  YOUR so called
FreeBSD system is crap.  I am very upset at this and intend to notify
Microsoft of this just on the offset that you or someone in your company has
put some kind of code or virus on your system to attack a Windows system.
This seems to be the only reason to the problem that your system has caused
me.  I will also be mailing them the same CD iso image that I used for them
to install and then invetagate.  YOUR system destroyed my Windows!! I will no
longer be using ANY BSD product.  Now I understand why so many people are not
using anything but Windows, they do not destroy your system if you connect
the two together.