Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:53:58 +0800
From:      "Ahmad Faisal M. Nor" <ded1@EPEDAS.COM.MY>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Enquiry on SAS in FreeBSD

NOTE: I'm not subscribe to the FreeBSD.org mailing list, please CC to me as well

We're ordering Dell Poweredge 2950 Server which is come with SAS (Serial
Attach SCSI). Most newly manufacture branded server comes with SAS nowadays,
no more SCSI. According to Dell Technical Support, SAS is a new technology of
SCSI but different architecture. They don't have any idea whether it works on
FreeBSD or not. I'm worried if it's not work on FreeBSD and we cannot return
the hardware.

Does anyone here have any idea on these SAS thing ?

Thanks.

---
EPedas Sdn. Bhd. (http://www.epedas.com.my)
(wholly owned subsidiary of Safeguards Corporation Bhd.)
DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the ordinary use by the person to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential
and privileged under applicable laws, or otherwise protected by work
product immunity or other legal rules. No one else may copy or forward
all or any of it in any form. If you are not the intended recipient,you
are