Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:44:26 -0500
From:      Lisandro Grullon <grullonbb@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   default route desappear.

Dear list,
I have been doing some remote work using ssh and BPF. From time to time I
feel like restarting /etc/rc.d/netif using a static configuration and
noticed that my default route gets delete even when I have everything se as
static under /etc/rc.conf. The only way I can get my default route back is
by restarting /etc/rc.d/routing which is  uncomfortable besides doing the
manual route add default xx.xx.xx.xx. Why is this behavior happening when
rc.conf has the propoer setting for defaultrouter? Thank you ina dvance.
Lisandro