Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:17:42 -0800
From:      "Mike Maltese" <mike@pcmedx.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com
Subject:   Re: Where to find apache  PHP script  mhash function

> SO you are saying that this /usr/ports/lang/php4  is an replacement
> for mod_php?
> That it does everything mod_php does plus the extensions can be
> added.

lang/php4 is a master port. You can read lang/php4/Makefile to see what make
definitions that are available (like -DWITH_MHASH). I wouldn't recommend
trying to build mod_php4 in lang/php4 because it sounds like you're confused
already. Just go to www/mod_php4 and do a "make -DWITH_MHASH (+ whatever
other features you want) install". Really though, I don't see why you don't
just use the ncurses menu.